I live in Washington, and am seeking a divorce. Can I kick my husband out of the house? He is mentally abusive. 4 Answers as of October 24, 2012

I am going to be filing for divorce, and currently my husband is still living in the house with me, though separate rooms, etc. I am physically ill from knowing he is in the house, and he is staying only to be mean as he knows how I am feeling. I own the home, purchased it before we married, and I am the only one on the deed. I can't afford to file for divorce until mid-Nov, but I can't live with him until then, either.

The Law Offices of Dave Hawkins
The Law Offices of Dave Hawkins | Dave Hawkins
Once you file for divorce, you may ask that he be removed from the house by filing a motion for a temporary orders. Until then, there is not much you can do unless there has been domestic violence.
The Law Office of Kate M. Forrest, PLLC
The Law Office of Kate M. Forrest, PLLC | Kate Forrest
If you are receiving public benefits or can otherwise demonstrate that the filing fee poses a substantial financial hardship, you can ask the court to waive the filing fee.
You can attempt to kick him out with a court order certainly.
Wolfstone, Panchot & Bloch, P.S., Inc.
Wolfstone, Panchot & Bloch, P.S., Inc. | Mark Brown
You can request a court order removing your husband from the home after you have filed a court action for divorce - but not before filing a court action unless he engages in acts or threats of domestic violence that form a basis for his arrest on criminal charges. In that event, a criminal court will issue a 'no contact" order that will have the effect of removing him from the home. Simply " staying [in the house] only to be mean" is not sufficient to comprise criminal domestic violence.