I live in Florida but was married in Tennessee. Can I file for divorce in Tennessee? 4 Answers as of June 18, 2013

Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
If she still lives there yes.
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
If you have been a resident of Florida for more than six months, you should file in Florida. There is usually a residency requirement in each state and I do not know what it is in Tennessee, but if you are and have been a resident of Florida, you probably cannot file in Tennessee.
The Trabin Law Firm, P.L.
The Trabin Law Firm, P.L. | Eric J. Trabin
No, states require residency in order to have jurisdiction for a divorce petition. If you have lived in Florida for at least the past 6 months the you need to file in Florida. If you move back to Tennessee and stay long enough to meet their residency requirement then you could file there.
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law | Gregory T. Buckley
The most appropriate place to file a divorce action is in the county where you last lived together as man and wife. However, if you currently live in Florida, it is unlikely that you would meet Tennessee's residency requirements.