I know of a gay porn company that does not provide STD testing for their actors, is that legal? 8 Answers as of August 12, 2013

Also I don't think they have license to perform these acts at their home? Is that legal?

I am not aware that gay porn companies have any rights. are you sure you know what you are talking about. Tell the police what is going on
I have no idea. I guess you could contact the Health Department. Anyone who voluntarily participates in "risky behavior" needs to protect themselves; only someone naive would trust others to protect them.
I know of no law that requires an employer to provide STD testing, it is up to the individuals. Also, actors are typically hired as individual contractors, so they are technically self employed. Commercial activity in a home is a matter of local zoning laws.
Law Offices of Stanley S. Lopata
Law Offices of Stanley S. Lopata | Stan Lopata
Why is this any concern of your?
Lombardi Law Firm
Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
A lawyer would need to know the state where the film company is licensed and where the film is being shot.
Answer Applies to: Iowa
    Lawyer for Indie Media
    Lawyer for Indie Media | Sue Basko
    In Illinois, it is illegal to create pornography if it can be deemed obscenity, and the definition for obscenity is very broad and very conservative. Therefore, you can pretty well count on it being illegal anywhere in Illinois to produce any sort of pornography. Doing so in any home would violate zoning laws. Report this to your local police.
    Lawyer for Independent Media
    Lawyer for Independent Media | Sue Basko
    It all sounds illegal and you should call the police and make a report. If the company is in Los Angeles, also call the LA FILM Office. No one has a license to make porn films at their home, since a home would not be zoned for an adult sex business. When you make your reports, be sure to say your name must be kept confidential and may not appear on any paperwork. Do all you can to protect your own safety while you report this company.
    Testing is not a legal requirement. The actors make a determination on whether they wish to work there under those guidelines. They can get testing on their own if they wish. If they are in compliance with zone laws then they may conduct business. Why is this such a big issue for you?