I just migrated here in January 2011, how soon can I marry my fiancee? 2 Answers as of June 14, 2011

I just migrated here in January with my 2 year old daughter. How soon can I marry my fiancee who is here in the US as a tourist? Can I marry here or should we do it in the Philippines (country of origin)? And what is the next thing to do, how can he stay in the US legally? What are the possible options?

Anyone can marry anywhere. But in terms of immigration options, that will depend upon your status. If you are a USC, a green card holder, or a non immigrant. All of these impact when and how she can file for a green card. Also whether or not she had immigrant intent when she entered.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
If you are a green card holder you can petition immediately after marrying, but a visa will not be available for several years. Consult with an attorney for better information. I offer free phone consultations.