I have unpaid student loans will these loans affect me if i am trying to fix papers for my husband? 4 Answers as of April 05, 2011

My husband is currently in mexico I would like to start the process of fixing him papers but i would like to know if i have unpaid student loans would this loans affect in any way the process?

You can sponsor your husband, even if your student loans are unpaid, but if you have a judgment against you for more than $10,000 it may stop you from having eligibility to petition for your husband. If I can help, I would like to. Call or e-mail me to set up a consultation, either on phone or in person. Best to you.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
No, your unpaid loans shouldn't have any impact.
No they will not as long as you can show you have the ability to meet the affidavit of support requirements based on your current income. If you do not have enough income to meet the requirements you will need to have a co-sponsor.
Yes, you would. You might need a co-sponsor. Good luck!