I have a two count complaint in the circuit court can I add a cause of action for Due Process violations? 2 Answers as of March 07, 2011

I have a complaint for spoliation of evidence and false imprisonment in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois. I would like to add a cause as count III labeled: Count III – VIOLATIONS OF 42 U.S.C. 1983: Due Process Rights. Is this possible in the circuit court? Do you have a form for such a cause of action? Are there important points such as jurisdiction I have to address in the complaint?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
Your cause of action is civil in nature, contact an attorney who practices in the Federal courts, (not all lawyers do). Understand that you may have to pay for his services.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 3/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: