I have a suspended license how do I get my license again I can't work without it? 15 Answers as of March 25, 2013

If the license is suspended because of unpaid tickets then you have to pay up or take care of those tickets. If it is for any other reason go to the Secretary of State (DMV) and ask what is needed to get your license back. They will tell you.
Law Offices of Eric J. Bell | Eric J. Bell
It all depends on why your license was suspended.
Attorney at Law | Ernest Krause
Why is it suspended? All you can do is go the DMV and ask permission to drive only to and from work.
Steven Dodge | Steven Dodge
That depends on whether your license is suspended or revoked. If it is a suspension, it depends on why you were suspended. Without seeing your driver record, however, it is impossible for me to tell you. If you have a print out of your record, I would be happy to review it and tell you what you need to do to get back on the road.
I would need further information to answer such as exact driving record. You may be able to get some type of license to go to and from work. You should hire an attorney familiar with this.
    William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
    Start by finding out whether you have any traffic tickets, which are suspending your license. Informally you can search court records at mdcourts.gov, but that is not either comprehensive or an official record. You can get your official driving record by going to MVA, and if you have any tickets that have not been paid, they are probably the reason for your suspension. Other reasons for suspending your license include an outstanding warrant or failure to pay child support. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    Without knowing why you are revoked it is hard to give great direction. You should contact DPS and find out what needs to be done.
    The Law Office of Carlos H. Davalos
    The Law Office of Carlos H. Davalos | Carlos H. Davalos
    This will depend on your state's procedures. In Illinois, for example, you may be eligible for a restricted driving permit if you can show a hardship with respect to employment. A check of your prior criminal background as well as your driving record will be required by your attorney for an accurate assessment of your options.
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    What is the reason for the suspension?
    The Gardner Law Firm, PLC | Brandon Gardner
    You have to go into your local Secretary of State office and apply for a new license after your suspension period is over.
    You check with your state DDS or DMV and do what they tell you to do.
    Go to a hearing officer at your local DMV or Secretary of State, who can get an abstract of your driving record, and inform you of what you need to do to get the suspension lifted and license reinstated. It may be that you will need a hearing to determine your eligibility for a Restricted Driving Permit. There are dozens of reasons your license can be suspended, get the information from the source, the DMV.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C. | Stuart M. Nachbar
    In NJ: restoration is done at MVC after your suspension period.
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
    Contact the DMV and ask them what is required for them to lift the suspension.
    Rizio & Nelson
    Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
    That depends why the license was suspended in the first place.