I have started a non-profit organization how to go about moving forward with the legal things? 9 Answers as of April 15, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You hire legal counsel to advise you concerning how to lay the proper legal foundation for your business.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/15/2013
Webb IP Law Group
Webb IP Law Group | Jason P Webb
You should get a meeting with an attorney to go over your plans to see what you need to do.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 4/14/2013
Microtechnology Law & Analysis | Daniel Flamm
What "legal things" do you have in mind? Do you mean incorporation etc.? Good source of info is the Nolo Press books- check their site for "non-profit corporation". Search is your friend. For patents you should speak with an attorney (you apparently indicated "patent") in your query.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/12/2013
Ochoa and Associates
Ochoa and Associates | Susan Ochoa Spiering
it is best to discuss your overall legal needs relative to your non-profit with an attorney who handles that type of business law.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/12/2013
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Which legal things are we referring to?
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 4/12/2013
    Sebby Law Office
    Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
    There are several kinds of non-profit organizations depending on the type of service or goods offered. You will need to work with an attorney and an accountant to get set up properly. Check your local library, book store, or the internet to find material on what to do to create this type of business.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 4/12/2013
    Law Office of Kirk Buhler
    Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
    A non-profit is usually still a business. You should first file for a fictitious business license with your local city or county. Visit or call your local City Hall or visit their web site to get the required paperwork to establish the business.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 4/12/2013
    Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
    I would suggest that you hire an attorney who specializes in assisting non-profit organizations. Contact your local bar association for names; or contact the Massachusetts Bar Association - and ask for the Lawyer Referral Service.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
    Replied: 4/12/2013
    Law Office of Mathew R. P. Perrone, Jr. | Mathew Roy Patrick Perrone, Jr.
    This is not a patent question.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois
    Replied: 4/14/2013
Click to View More Answers: