I have over 10,000.00 in debt, should I file bankruptcy? 7 Answers as of August 27, 2015

I have a family of 3, we are a low income family. What should I do?

If you can't pay your bills and feed your family, Congress has provided an out for you. Look into bankruptcy.
A bankruptcy will get rid of your debt and give you a fresh start.
The Law Office of M Grater LLC
The Law Office of M Grater LLC | Mark O. Grater
If you would like to get rid of your debt completely and get a fresh start, than by all means file if there is no way you can pay.
I do not recommend bankruptcy for anyone with less than $20,000 in debts. Other options to resolve debts are available that will harm you less and state laws called exemptions can still protect your assets even outside of bankruptcy.
The decision whether or not to file bankruptcy depends upon many factors which cannot be determined from a brief letter on this website. Find an experienced bankruptcy lawyer in your locality. He or she will be able to determine and advise you as to the best course. It is likely that your lawyer will advise you to file under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code. While $10,000, in absolute terms, may not seem like crushing debt, it very well be too great a burden for you, in your particular circumstances.
    That is impossible to answer without additional information. Seek counsel with all of the facts for a valid and reasoned answer.
    Law Offices of Joseph A. Mannis
    Law Offices of Joseph A. Mannis | Todd Mannis
    The amount of the debt isn't necessarily the key issue - the better way to look at it is if you are unable to pay your debts as they become due. If that is the case, then likely bankruptcy might be beneficial.