I have a felony hot check conviction that is 18 years old, can it be removed or given non-discloseure? 1 Answers as of January 12, 2011

I can currently retire from my job but this felony hot check is preventing me from getting a security job I applied for. I have not written a check in 18 years, and have no desire to.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Tim W. Avery
Law Office of Tim W. Avery | Tim W. Avery
If it was a final conviction then the answer is no. If you got deferred adjudication probation for it and successfully completed the deferred adjudication probation, you will not be entitled to an expunction but you can apply for an Order of Non-Disclosure which essentially is an order to seal the records from the general public. However, even if you obtain an Order of Non-Disclosure, some agencies are exempt and can still obtain the records. Depending on what type of a security agency you will be applying with, they may still be able to obtain the records.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/12/2011
Click to View More Answers: