I have a felony due to driving on a revoked license could my felony be expunged? 10 Answers as of March 04, 2013

I was convicted 2010, and served 30 days in county jail. My felony is for driving on a revoked license, and due to my felony, it is difficult to find a job. I need to find out if there is way to get this expunged.

The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
New York does not allow expungment but you can get a Certificate of Relief from Disabilities to be able to get a job, public assistance, housing, or own a gun. The employer does not have to acknowledge that you have been rehabilitated but it may help.
In most States crimes involving driving are NOT expungable.
Furlong & Drewniak PLLC
Furlong & Drewniak PLLC | Thaddeus Furlong, Esq.
No. Expungement rules vary by state. In Virginia, convictions are forever, unless the governor pardons you.
Law Offices of Mark L. Smith
Law Offices of Mark L. Smith | Mark L. Smith
Expungement statutes have a number of different rules and usually you must be a first offender.
You must petition the court to expunge a felony. However, because it is a felony, there is a waiting period after you have completed probation. Further, there is supporting documentation that you must provide with your petition. Contact your court clerk for a form and guidelines.