I have carpal tunnel syndrome on my right hand what can I do? 27 Answers as of February 13, 2013

I work in an office environment and enter orders daily using only the number keypad. My employer doesn't provide group insurance. My hand hurts while I enter orders. What can I do?

Lewis B. Kaplan | Lewis B. Kaplan
You need to make an appointment to meet with a lawyer specializing in Worker's Compensation matters .
You have a workers compensation case. Get a lawyer.
The Law Office of Stephen R. Chesley, LLC
The Law Office of Stephen R. Chesley, LLC | Stephen R. Chesley
If you can show that this is an occupational injury you can file for worker's compensation. It would be useful to have a diagnosis from your doctor who confirms that the injury was caused by your work duties. You should contact an attorney to discuss your matter further.
Shean Law
Shean Law | John Shean
If your condition is due to the work environment then you can make a claim for Indiana worker's compensation benefits. You should report the claim to your employer's worker's compensation insurance company.
Law Offices of Sandeep G. Agarwal
Law Offices of Sandeep G. Agarwal | Sandeep G. Agarwal
You should contact a lawyer who specializes in workers' compensation and hire him to sue your employer.
    If your Dr says your carpal tunnel is work related, you have a comp claim. Your employer's comp insurance should cover it. Good luck.
    Kevin J. Connolly
    Kevin J. Connolly | Kevin J. Connolly
    You don't need health insurance. Health insurance wouldn't pay this anyway. You need workers' compensation. See doctor first, get diagnosis of carpal tunnel, then ... you may have a further claim. But treat your condition first. If Workers' Comp doctor says you are disabled, you can collect "lost wages" but it may not be enough money to survive. In which case you may need to make a social security disability claim. But treat first. Treat early, treat often. And so see an attorney, your claim could be worth six figures.
    If it is work related you may have an worker's comp claim which is separate from group health insurance.
    Law Offices of Mark West
    Law Offices of Mark West | Mark West
    You can try to make a workers compensation claim. You should contact an office of an attorney who specializes in Workers compensation claims.
    Curry, Roby & Mulvey Co., LLC
    Curry, Roby & Mulvey Co., LLC | Bruce A. Curry
    Carpal tunnel syndrome should be compensable through the worker's compensation system as an occupational disease. Assuming coverage, worker's comp would pay your medical bill + a portion of your wages while you are off work. Tell your HR department that you wish to file a claim. Alternatively, you can file the claim on your own and the BWC is usually very helpful to injured workers.
    See a workers comp attorney.
    Christensen Law Group, PLLC
    Christensen Law Group, PLLC | D. Michael O'Neil, Jr.
    Put your employer on notice and ask for medical support. Otherwise, get medical attention and, if necessary, consider filing a Workers' Compensation Claim.
    Wayne J. Wimer, Inc. P.S.
    Wayne J. Wimer, Inc. P.S. | Wayne J. Wimer
    Carpal Tunnel syndrome should be covered under Workman's Compensation, so have your doctor submit a claim on your behalf (if you are in Washington State). Your employer may not provide group insurance, but he or she or it has a duty under state law to pay for Workman's compensation coverage for any injury that occurs on the job site. Check with any attorney who specializes in W.C. claims if you have any further question.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    You should call an attorney.
    Reade & Associates
    Reade & Associates | R. Christopher Reade
    This injury sounds compensable under workers compensation, which your employer is required to maintain in the State of Nevada. You should speak with your physician to verify that the injury is work-related and then file with workers compensation in your state.
    Mike Lewis Attorneys | Mike Lewis
    You may have a workers compensation claim.
    Geneva Yourse | Geneva Yourse
    It sounds like you may have a workers compensation claim. Let your employer know that you may have work related injury and ask that they give you the forms necessary to start a claim.
    Ankerholz and Smith
    Ankerholz and Smith | Rian F. Ankerholz
    Contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer.
    Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
    Your employer should provide workers compensation insurance coverage by law. You should make a claim under that insurance policy. You can look on the State of Nevada's website, Department of Business and Industry, under Workers Compensation and find a lot of information, including how to submit a claim.
    Sarrail, Castillo & Hall, LLP | Monica Castillo
    This is probably a worker's compensation matter. You need to decide whether you want to make a worker's comp claim, which will pay for medical and lost income, but not for general damages ("pain and suffering").