I have been waiting for my master hearing for over 3 years. What should I do? 4 Answers as of November 09, 2010

I been waiting on my master hearing for over 3 years. I turned myself in and released on bound. since that I been on them to go and see the judge. I been married for my wife for over 4 years. What should I do ?

I certainly understand your frustration in wanting your proceeding to be rescheduled as soon as possible for your individual master hearing, to determine your status once and for all. However, the Immigration courts do not include a provision for a speedily scheduled master hearing, the way they do with state courts in criminal cases under their speedy trial laws, which are required under the Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. You will have to wait for the date to be scheduled, which I imagine would have to be scheduled after your last calendar hearing. Your case is 4 years old, there is no notice of a scheduled calendar hearing or master hearing? That seems strange. Do you have an attorney? If not, give me a call or e-mail, and we'll schedule an in-person or telephone consultation. Best to you.
You should really discuss this with the attorney who is handling your case, as this is not a generic question but one dealing specifically with the facts of your case. If you do not already have an attorney working with you on this matter, you should probably consult with one.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
Please locate your A number and call Immigration court number 1-800 898-7180.
At that time, you can check to see if you have missed a hearing because it is not normal to take 3 years to get your Master Calendar Hearing. If the system says that your A Number is not found in the system, then you are lucky because it means that somebody has neglected to file your case with the Immigration Court and you are off the hook.

Listen carefully to your options in the system and check hearing date if your name came up. It's probably bad news because it is likely that you have missed your hearing already.