I have a 5 year old DUI case in an another state, how do I resolve the matter from the state I now live in? 2 Answers as of April 13, 2016

My blood aIcohol level was .82. I appeared for my initial court date and was granted a continuation. To obtain legal representation. Unfortunately, I could not afford a attorney at that time. I now live in another state. And wanted to clear this matter. It has been 5 years since that incident and I have had no more DUI's or moving violations since. How do I settle this matter now that I live in another state?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
First, there was a bench warrant issued for your failure to appear in court. So, you will need to turn yourself in on the warrant. Before you go to jail, you should retain an attorney that can work out a quick bail, so you will in and out. OR you can continue to do nothing and wait for them to arrest you on the warrant during a routine traffic stop.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/13/2016
Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
You likely have a bench warrant for your arrest in the place where the charges are and have been pending for 5 years. You should contact local criminal defense counsel so they can provide you guidance. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/13/2016
Click to View More Answers: