I got a possession ticket vc 23222b. Can I do a diversion program and will my insurance increase? 7 Answers as of November 21, 2010

It is a misdemeanor and is written as a traffic ticket and non correctable. I am curious what actions I should take to avoid points on my record.

Delay the case until after January 1, 2011 and the matter can be reduced to an infraction. It would not constitute a point in any event. Whether an insurance company would take it into consideration in determining your rates is another story.
You need to get an attorney to get it reduced to an infraction.

This will avoid your insurance finding out and more importantly you can avoid losing your license for a year.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
you may qualify for diversion. If you do the charge will not be entered in your record unless you fail the program. Your ins. will probably not be affected, although companies vary in their policies. You will not get points unless you fail the program.
If you have a medical recommendation and less than 8 oz you can beat the ticket. I believe as of Jan 1st it will be a $100 fine and an infraction which means it doesn't go on your record. Stall, stall, stall. Good luck.
Some courts offer diversion programs. No this will not effect your insurance.
    It can be charged as a misdemeanor. Consider hiring a lawyer, who may be able to get it infracted or even dismissed in return for some classes.