I get an insurance liability if I was not able to get the plate number of the car who hit me? 10 Answers as of October 29, 2013

Yesterday on the way to home just at the end of my work shift. I got hit by a car, as he was very close to me I tried to avoid him, after this moment I found my self in the floor as he hit me. People quickly came to help me as they saw me being hit so bad, they called 911, they came after 5 minutes, they took me to the hospital, the X-ray shows that I have severely broken elbow, superficially injured head. Now, I have a temporary splint, this coming Wednesday I will have a surgery on my elbow. The moment I fell down I was fixing on my health. I had no time to get the plate number of the car which hit me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Wayne J. Wimer, Inc. P.S.
Wayne J. Wimer, Inc. P.S. | Wayne J. Wimer
Do you have PIP-Insurance on your automobile and/or Uninsured Auto coverage on your own car? If so, submit your bills to your own insurance company for starters.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 10/29/2013
E. Ray Critchett, LLC
E. Ray Critchett, LLC | Ray Critchett
You may be able to file a claim for Victims of Crime and/or a claim under your own insurance coverage for Uninsured Motorist Coverage. You should schedule a free appointment with an attorney to ensure that you are protecting your rights while ensuring that you will be taken care of.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 10/29/2013
Pete Leehey Law Firm, P.C.
Pete Leehey Law Firm, P.C. | Pete Leehey
If you have uninsured motorist coverage on your car insurance, you can make a claim on that.
Answer Applies to: Iowa
Replied: 10/29/2013
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
File a collision and uninsured motorist claim with your insurance company. They both should be covered.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 10/29/2013
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
If you have Uninsured Motorist coverage on your auto insurance, you make a claim against that benefit. Otherwise, you are screwed, because you cannot identify the bad guy. In Michigan, you would make a claim against your auto insurance for the No Fault Benefits, which would include your medical bills (for life), lost wages, household replacement services, and medical mileage. I cannot speak to benefits (if any) in other states.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 10/29/2013
    Gregory M Janks, PC
    Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
    In Michigan it is your OWN vehicle insurer that will pay your No Fault Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits which consist of wage loss, medical expenses and replacement services. So the id of the other vehicle is immaterial to these 1st party benefits. In order to present a 3rd party case for pain & suffering, you will either need to id the other vehicle owner/driver and/or prove same was a hit & run with contact and then make an Uninsured Motorist Claim against your OWN policy IF you purchased UM coverage. You will also need to show your injuries were a serious impairment of a body function and/or permanent serious disfigurement, the so called "threshold injuries".
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 10/29/2013
    Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
    Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
    Facts not clear. Were you a pedestrian or in a car? if you were in a car if you have uninsured coverage you are OK call your agent and ask him to explain.
    Answer Applies to: North Carolina
    Replied: 10/29/2013
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    Make you claim to your insurance carrier and let the police do their job. If you have difficulties hire and attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 10/28/2013
    Robert C. Slim - Attorney at Law
    Robert C. Slim - Attorney at Law | Robert C. Slim
    Did you have auto insurance of your own? If so, did you have uninsured motorist coverage? That is an option. Another option is to see if the police can track down the hit and run driver. It is not uncommon for them to do so.. Get a free consultation. It sound like you may have a case.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 10/29/2013
    Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
    I would think that with such a severe impact there would be a police report. You can order one from your local police or the Highway Patrol.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 10/28/2013
Click to View More Answers: