I filed for divorce but now I want to stay married, what do I do? 12 Answers as of January 18, 2011

I filed for divorce, filed the proof of summons, and now want to revoke the papers because we are going to stay married...my husband has not yet filed. His deadline to file his papers is tomorrow. What do I need to do to ensure that the divorce does not go through and that we can stay married?!

Law Office of Harry L Styron
Law Office of Harry L Styron | Harry L Styron
File a Request For Dismissal with the court. If you are in California the form is CIV-110 which is available on the website http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms, choose the group "civil" and click on CIV-110. Complete the form and take it to the court clerk for filing. If you are in some other State you will need to contact an attorney there and find out what form and procedure to follow.
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law | Diana K. Zilko
You can file a request for dismissal of your case.
Yes, you can easily halt the divorce proceedings by filing a 'Request for Dismissal' (Form CIV-110). Go to the following link: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/fillable/civ110.pdf. If your husband does file a Response, then he will have to file a 'Request for Dismissal', too.
Tell your husband that you made a bad mistake, apologize for it, tell him that you will file a Request for Dismissal of the case, file the Request for Dismissal as soon as possible, and commence marriage counseling to deal with the problems that resulted in your filing the divorce case in the first place.
Law Office of John C. Volz
Law Office of John C. Volz | John C. Volz
You can file a request for a dismissal which will dismiss the case.
    Law Office of Stephen Pearcy
    Law Office of Stephen Pearcy | Stephen Pearcy
    This link should help: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/family/divorce/stopcase.htm
    File a request for dismissal.
    Goldberg Jones
    Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
    No problem. Just file a Dismissal. Your husband should not file anything.
    Goodman, Dicus, and Teinert, LLP
    Goodman, Dicus, and Teinert, LLP | Paul M. Teinert
    You need to file a motion to withdraw the matter. Contact the court clerk immediately or your attorney and they will be able to help you with particulars.
    Pisarra and Grist
    Pisarra and Grist | David T. Pisarra
    You don't have to do anything, the court will not move forward and Divorce you without you asking for it. He doesn't need to file anything right away. If next week you still want to stop this, all you have to do is file a request for dismissal. I would suggest you wait a bit to make sure your back with him and things are good.
    As long as you don't intend to take your husband's "default," then neither party needs to be concerned about his Dissolution Response. As for terminating the divorce action, there is a form to file in which you are requesting a dismissal of your case. Go to the legal self help center of your local courthouse and ask them for assistance in filing out and filing the dismissal form. It is a very simple process.
    Law Office of Cristin M. Lowe
    Law Office of Cristin M. Lowe | Cristin M. Lowe
    First of all, relax. So long as your husband has not responded, you can file a Request for Dismissal on your own. If your husband responds and you both agree that the case should be dismissed, both of you will need to sign the Request for Dismissal, and then the case will be dismissed. Congratulations on being able to work through your issues, and best of luck with your marriage!