I filed bankruptcy July 2013, I am unable to keep my payments for my chapter 13 bankruptcy, am I able to file chapter 7? 13 Answers as of August 26, 2013

And how much will lawyer charge me to file Chapter 7 after chapter 13 didn't work for me?

Richard L. Hirsh, P.C. | Richard L. Hirsh
Depending on circumstances you can convert your Chapter 13 to a Chapter 7. It is inexpensive and a routine procedure.
Whether you can now qualify to convert your Chapter 13 to a Chapter is a numbers game. How much your attorney will need to charge you will depend on how much work needed to be performed. There is no "one size fits all" amount to determine legal fees in this situation.
Rosenberg & Press
Rosenberg & Press | Max L. Rosenberg
You should be able to convert your chapter 13 into a chapter 7. Assuming that your chapter 13 attorney did a good job on your schedules for the first part there should be very little left to do to create the chapter 7. I do not know how much an attorney will charge you but I would estimate somewhere in the neighborhood of no more than $1000.
I charge 900.00 plus the filing fee. Others vary. You can file a ch7 if you are otherwise eligible, the dismissed ch13 has no effect on that.
You should be discussing this with your attorney. If you are unable to make the required payments after just one month, perhaps you should have filed Chapter 13 in the first place. You have two options, dismiss and wait 6 months to refile a 7 or make a motion to convert from a 13 to a 7. Has the C13 plan been approved?
    Goldsmith & Guymon | Marjorie Guymon
    You may convert your chapter 13 to a Chapter 7 if you're eligible. This requires amending your schedules I and J reflecting your current income and expenses and filing a notice of conversion. You will be required to provide updated schedules and statements to your Chapter 7 trustee and appear at another 341 hearing. There is also a court filing fee to convert.
    Stuart P Gelberg
    Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
    You can convert your chapter 13 to ch 7 or dismiss the 13 and refile as a ch 7. I have no idea what your atty will charge.
    Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
    You should be asking these questions of your attorney. If you tried to file your halter 13 without an attorney then the first thing you should do is to hire one. There is far too much information needed to know whether you are eligible for hater 7 relief, or even to know whether it might be possible to amend your chapter 13 plan to deuce the monthly payment.
    Law Office of Michael Johnson
    Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
    It depends if you can file a chapter 7. Most people are filing a 13 due to the fact that they don't qualify for a chapter 7 or are trying to save a car or home.
    Sanford M. Martin, P.A. | Sanford M. Martin
    If your financial situation meets the income and other requirements to file? Chap 7, you may convert from Chap 13 to a 7 by filing a Petition to Convert.
    Law Office of Thomas C. Phipps | Thomas C Phipps
    You can convert to chapter a 7 if you otherwise qualify. You will have to discuss the cost with your attorney.
    Mark S Cherry, Attorney at Law, PC
    Mark S Cherry, Attorney at Law, PC | Mark Cherry
    If the bankruptcy is still open, then a motion to convert the case to a Chapter 7 can be filed. Sometimes it is better to allow the chapter 13 to be dismissed depending on your circumstances.
    Scott Goldstein | Scott Goldstein
    You can file a motion to convert the case from Chapter 13 to Chapter 7. Your filing fees may vary depending on your attorney.