I fell on the ice outside Starbucks and hurt my low back. What do I do? 5 Answers as of January 18, 2011

I fell on the ice outside Starbucks and hurt my low back and elbow what do I do?

Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Cary J. Wintroub
We need to know what was the cause of the ice. Depending whether the accumulation was due to a Natural or Unnatural accumulation of ice will determine if you have an action. If we could see pictures we could give you a better answer.
Allegretti & Associates
Allegretti & Associates | James L. Allegretti
The issue in Illinois is how the ice got there. If the ice is a "natural accumulation" then you have no case. If Someone caused the ice to form in that spot then you may have an case.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
The answer depends on the facts of the case, including seriousness of your injury, and whether you went to the hospital. You should consult an attorney to confidentially discuss your case. You may have a lawsuit to bring.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied. We would be happy to provide you with a free consultation if you call my office at either of the numbers listed below. If my office accepts your case, there is no fee charged unless we are able to obtain a settlement for you.

Thank you for your email, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Sheldon J. Aberman
In the event that you fell upon a natural accumulation of ice, that was the result of snow, ice or rain that fell from the sky and froze upon the ground outside Starbucks, you are not able to make a claim for your low back and elbow injuries in Illinois. However, if the ice accumulation was due to an unnatural accumulation of ice, i.e. from a leaky damaged gutter or from an employee that threw water upon the ground which later froze, in such cases you would be able to make a claim for your injuries.