I exaggerated and got my ex-boyfriend charged with absue, how can I fix this? 1 Answers as of February 10, 2012

I called the cops on my ex boyfriend back in October. Someone else told me to. I didn't want to. He got arrested and charged with attempted murder, intimidation and domestic abuse. I exaggerated the story greatly and said he put a belt around my neck, blocked my phone and hit me. I was just very angry at him. He went to jail for a week and was on house arrest for 2 months. I had a restraining order on him for a month. Then I took it off. During that night, we were both using hard drugs. It was really hazy. I don’t really know what happened. I wish I never called the cops. I can’t take it back and I don’t know what to do. I would do anything to make it go away. I am pregnant with my ex boyfriend’s son. He got a "continuance without a finding" and has to get drug tested/is on probation for a year and take these batterer's classes.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
DeVito & Visconti, PA
DeVito & Visconti, PA | John E DeVito
The facts indicated in this case suggest that your boyfriend already admitted to facts regarding the case and the Court imposed a dispostion which will prevent him form getting a conviction, dispite his admission. If he completes his probation and abides by the terms of probation the case will be dismissed. He can attempt to reverse the process by a Motion for New Trial. TheThis Motion could raise complicated issues for both of you. Consulting an attorney, who can go into details regarding the facts is the best way to start.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 2/10/2012
Click to View More Answers: