I do not have a mate to adopt my daughter how can terminate her biological father's rights? 10 Answers as of December 05, 2012

There is no form in family law to start this process. Do I simply file a request for order to petition to declare minor free from parental custody and control, and then attach my pleading of the petition and citation?

Victor Varga | Victor Varga
No. Just file for sole custody.
Law Offices of Ward F. McDonough, Jr. | Ward F. McDonough, Jr.
Biological father has rights and unless he waives the rights and is still alive, he will have to be notified of your decision
The Law Office of Cathy R. Cook
The Law Office of Cathy R. Cook | Cathy R. Cook
In Oho, you cannot terminate a parent's rights unless there is someone to replace them, and that has to be a new spouse.
Burnett Evans Banks
Burnett Evans Banks | Paul Evans
You are correct that adoption by a step-father would serve to terminate bio-dad's parental rights. Otherwise, you would need evidence of very serious abuse or neglect to get an order for restricted or supervised contact with the child. Of course, absent an adoption, bio-dad's obligation to support his child would continue.
What you want to do is not possible in Colorado.
    There no procedure in a private termination proceeding that does not include an adoption petition that I am aware of.
    Petit & Dommershausen SC
    Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
    It is very unlikely you will get a court to do this without a stepparent to adopt.
    Woolley Wilson, LLP
    Woolley Wilson, LLP | William R. Wilson
    You will need to file a Motion To Terminate Parental rights and show good cause to grant the Motion. The Motion Will need to be served on the father. The court may appoint an Ad Litem attorney for the child to determine if the termination is in the child's best interest.
    Mary W Craig P.C. | Mary W Craig
    You must file a petition with the court to terminate parental rights, but you will need some very good reasons to do that such as abuse, abandonment, that sort of thing. Whether you have a man to adopt your daughter is immaterial.
    Elizabeth Jones, A Professional Corporation
    Elizabeth Jones, A Professional Corporation | Elizabeth Jones
    The court will not leave the child fatherless.