I did not know that what I signed was a quit clam deed, what can I do? 3 Answers as of January 05, 2016

What if the person whom is your power of attorney ask you to sign and does not tell what your signing and 2 years later you find out you sign a quit clam deed the house to him and now want to evict you?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
You should see a lawyer ASAP.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/5/2016
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
A person can exercise the power of attorney only if the person he is doing it for is somehow unable to do so and it must be done to further the apparent wishes of that person. The person is not exercising a power of attorney when they have you sign something since exercising the power means they are doing something as though they were you. So your situation is really one of apparent fraud by the other person. You need to file suit to set aside the quit claim deed for fraud [if you get nothing from signing and can be evicted from your property, there is a strong suggestion that you were not aware of what you were doing or were not competent in doing it as why would you sign away your house, especially to someone who had no prior title to it?]. You should immediately go to a local real estate attorney with all the paperwork, including the eviction documents, and have them send a letter to the other person stating the transaction was fraudulent and if they do not rescind it immediately you will sue for fraud [elder abuse possibly also], etc. ?You will need the attorney to check to see if the eviction papers and service are proper, file an answer as to any unlawful detainer action, perhaps file for an injunction, and file suit if the other person will not back off. This will cost you money, but I do not think you can handle it yourself. You could write to the other person telling them that you have spoken to any attorney who stated the transaction was illegal, but that probably will be unsuccessful as I assume you have already done so. Be sure that all communications with the other person are in writing or that you have their permission to tape record it, as they will lie as to what is said.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/4/2016
Law Office Of Victor Waid
Law Office Of Victor Waid | Victor Waid
Obtain the services of a real estate litigation lawyer.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/4/2016
Click to View More Answers: