I did all of my DUI classes except 2, is this going to expire? 13 Answers as of March 13, 2011

I got a DUI in June of 1999. I paid all of my fines, did all my classes except 2. Does this expire? I called NTSI and they said that they do not have any of my records, but said I might have to take the classes over again. Is this true? My license is currently suspended for a ticket in Irvine back in April 1999. I am planning on paying the ticket next month, but what about the classes. I need to get my license back. What should I do?

Contact the court clerk and schedule a court appearance so that the court can give you more time. Otherwise you are facing a violation of probation.
Get an attorney. You are In more trouble than you know.
There is a very good chance that you will have to do the class again. A judge needs to reinstate you in the program. It is up to the individual program whether they give you credit for what you've already done. However, your classes were so very long ago, I would be very surprised if you weren't required to start over.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
The best way to find out what action DMV will take is to go to DMV and ask. Normally if you don't complete the classes you need to start over and won't get a license until you're done.

For more info or to retain counsel call
If you did not finish all classes and other terms of probation ordered by the court, you most certainly have an arrest warrant out for you, for failure to appear. Warrants are forever.

For you to handle this, you must turn yourself into the court, and deal with it like should have been done originally, with or without an attorney, and negotiate a new plea bargain on the outstanding charges and now on the failure to appear warrant. Doing so voluntarily will result in a better outcome than you being brought in cuffs to court after arrest on the warrant. That will happen if you come in contact with law enforcement anywhere. If this is in California courts, and you are serious about getting legal help doing so, feel free to contact me.
    Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    Normally a failure to complete the classes will be reported to the court where you were convicted and a warrant would be issued. If this has happened then you go to court and have the warrant recalled and asked the court to reinstate the classes. You may have to start them over.
    If the DUI program doesn't have your records you have a real problem. I would get the case put back on the calendar (sometimes there is a partial report in the file showing how many classes you did), Ask the judge to re-refer you. He might let you get away with just the 2 classes IF there is something in the file. Otherwise, you will know more about DUIs than you ever cared to learn. Good luck.
    Yes, if you failed to complete your DUI classes you may have a warrant for your arrest from court and will have a license in suspended status. Failure to complete the classes can result in you having to complete the entire program again.
    The English Law Firm
    The English Law Firm | Robert English
    You will likely have to redo the classes. If you did not do two, then you did not finish.
    It is likely that you will have to redo the classes. Additionally, I am guessing that finishing the class was part of your Probation, do you know if there is a bench warrant issued on you for failure to complete probation (assuming the alcohol class was part of your probation. Call me to discuss further.
    You may have to do the classes again, because your probation may have been stayed due to a warrant issued from for violation of probation (not completing the classes). But due to the age of the case, a good lawyer may be able to get the Judge to terminate the action. But realize that you may still have a problem with the DMV. Consider hiring a lawyer who specializes in DMV/DUI matters.