I applied for green card through a sibling will I remain legal in the U.S after I loose my f1 status? 2 Answers as of February 07, 2011

I am an f1 student and and I will finish studying very soon(few months),Will I be able to stay legal in the country in case I lose my status when I already applied for a green card through my sister? I know it takes about 10 years to get the green card through a sibling, Will I remain legal until then?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
The filing of an I-130 does not give you any legal status and does not permit you to remain in the U.S.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/7/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
No, you can't stay after your visa expires.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: