I am a school teacher who was recently charged with a DUI, will my school find out? 2 Answers as of April 21, 2011

I am a school teacher who was recently charged with a DUI in Louisiana. Will my school find out?

Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
Your school will find out if you are required under the terms of your employment to divulge arrests, criminal records, etc. You should definitely hire a DWI lawyer who will be able to begin work on your defense. It may be possible for an attorney to negotiate to have the charges against you reduced or suspended in return for some type of diversion or probation in which case you would not officially be charged with DWI. An attorney will also be able to work to make sure that your case is handled in a way that would allow you to have your record expunged when the proceedings are over. If you are interested in hiring a DWI attorney in this matter in Louisiana, please contact our firm at the information on this page for a free case evaluation to determine whether or not this is something we would be able to handle.
Smith & John
Smith & John | Kenneth Craig Smith, Jr.
Only if the school requests your criminal history. Separately, however, you may want to check your school's policy. It probably requires that you report any arrest within so many days. Failure to do so could be cause for termination in and of itself.