I am on probation right now but I have a warrant from 3 years ago. What should I do? 5 Answers as of August 17, 2013

I am on probation right now but I got a warrant from three years ago. I roads the train 3 years ago without a bus fair. I’ve been to jail twice since then. I am in probation for something different right now. The police said I have an outstanding warrant.

Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Take care of the warrant. If any problem with probation argue that conduct occurred before probation started.
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you.
Appear in court and tell the judge what happened. The incident that happened before you were put on probation cannot violate your current probation.
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
You should hire a lawyer and then surrender yourself on the warrant with your lawyer present there with you. No matter what, it is better to surrender yourself on the warrant than to wait for the police to come across you someday and arrest you on the open warrant. Your warrant should not violate your parole since it took place prior to your probation. However, if you are arrested for the warrant, the arrest is a current act that is subsequent to the probation and could cause you problems with your probation. Going to court with your attorney is the safest way to do this.
Get a Attorney have the matter taken care of before you get arrested and have your current probation violated.