I am marrying my boyfriend soon and need to get him in the USA, what can I do? 3 Answers as of June 09, 2011

I am US resident and will be a citizen Nov 2012 but I am getting married Dec 2011 to my boyfriend in Mexico. The wedding will be over there. I want my boy friend to be able to come back with me, is there any way I can help him get a visa of some sort so that he can come back to the US after the wedding?

The spouse of a permanent resident is a FB-2A preference, with a priority date backlog of about 4 years. When you are naturalized, the case can be upgraded and he can apply for either the K-3 or the immigrant visa at his home consulate.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You can file a petition on his behalf but since you are a resident right now he will be on a waiting list for a visa to become available. Once you become a US citizen there will be a visa available for him immediately and he will eligible for consular processing. Make sure he does not come here illegally because that will give you many problems and will prevent him from getting a legal status in the US.
Yes, after you become a citizen of the United States, you can apply for a K-3 visa for him.