I am a legal immigrant. Will my wife be allowed to immigrate too? 3 Answers as of November 12, 2010

I am a legal immigrant with a green card living in the United States, and I want my wife to come here too. Will she be allowed to come because she is my wife?

You have to petition your wife first, and once CIS approves your petition she will be placed on a preference status, which will be 2B, spouses of legal residents. If your wife is from Mexico, it is an 8-month wait until she can apply for legal residency through consular processing, and if from elsewhere, about a 3-month wait (this is according to the most recent State Department Visa Bulletin). If you want to know more and have help, by all means feel free to e-mail or call me to set up an in-person or phone consultation. Best to you.
You would have to petition for her and it will probably take about a year or so before she is eligible to immigrate on the basis of such a petition.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
Yes. You can petition your wife for the green card based on your permanent resident status and marriage. Contact my office to get started.