I am green card holder, how do I sponsor my father? 10 Answers as of April 30, 2013

I came USA on H1B and tried 3 times for my father's visit visa but got rejected. Last year I got green card and again I tried but no success. I don't know what is going wrong Can anybody help me out in this matter.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
SwagatUSA, LLC
SwagatUSA, LLC | Dhenu Savla
Tourist visas are discretionary And for whatever reason they do not believe that your father will return to his home country. There's really nothing you can do except petition him for a green card.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 11/21/2012
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case, advise you of your options and make sure that the necessary paperwork and documentation is presented so as not to delay the process.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/30/2013
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
There are multiple potential problems with your father: 1) if he has a criminal record; 2) if he doesn't show enough assets and contacts with his home country to assure USCIS that he will return at the end of his six-month visa; 3) If he has been turned down before by USCIS, was there a finding of fraud under section 214(g) of the Immigration Act (INA).
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/20/2012
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
As a general matter, the answer to your question shall be "no". No one can help you in a sense that there is no appeal from a decision of a consulate on a nonimmigrant visa application. The way I see it, you have very limited options. One option, the best probably, would be to try and convince the consulate that your father has sufficient ties to his country including steady employment; family and other connections, which would make it likely that he would return from a short trip to the USA. Consulate officers are people. You can try to write to them and explain why, unlike you, your father would return to his country and not stay in the USA forever.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 11/20/2012
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
As a green card holder, you are not eligible to petition for your father. You must be a US citizen in order to do so.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/20/2012
    Gisele K Perryman Attorney at Law | Gisele K Perryman
    You can only file for your parent(s) if you are a U.S. citizen.
    Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
    Replied: 11/20/2012
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    It is not uncommon for the US consulate to deny a visitor visa to persons who have sons or daughters in the US because the consulate is suspicious that the person may stay in the US after entering with a visitor visa. It may be better for you to wait until you become a US citizen and then petition for your father on form I-130.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 11/20/2012
    Law Office of Bijal Jani | Bijal Jani
    What is the reason for the denial of the application you put in as a permanent resident? The reason for the denial notice should indicate to you as to why the petition was denied and then you can determine how to re-file.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 11/20/2012
    Immigration Attorneys, LLP | Robert R. Gard
    The consular authorities are not convinced that your father has bona fide nonimmigrant intent. If they are not (subjectively) convinced, then they are not allowed to issue the visa. See attached.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois
    Replied: 11/20/2012
    Ben T. Liu Law Office
    Ben T. Liu Law Office | Ben T. Liu
    The problem may be that the consulate do not believe your father will go back home after his visit. It pretty much has complete discretion on this. Did the officer give your father a reason why his application was rejected?
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 11/20/2012
Click to View More Answers: