I am a green card holder and I want to petition for my husband at the end of September. When I put it in the paper will a visa still be available? 7 Answers as of September 03, 2013

Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
I doubt any one can predict what the visa availability situation is likely to when you file your husband's petition in September. But note that others will also be filing petitions for their relatives, and so, the earlier you file, the earlier will your case be adjudicated and become current.
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
Visas are available this month for spouse's of an LPR, but they could retrogress on October 1 which is the start of a new federal fiscal year.
Most likely immigrant visas will no longer be available for F2A cases filed after September.
Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC
Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC | Shiv K. Kapoor
A visa will likely not be available by the time the petition is approved which takes about a year. If he is in the US now on a legal status, he could possibly remain in the US while it is pending. But, you have to file the right forms now and fill out correctly.
The Law Offices of Mary Lyn T. Sanga, A Professional Corporation | Mary Lyn Tanawan Sanga
I am assuming that your husband will also file I-485 application. USCIS will still accept the I-485 application as long as you file it while F2A is still current. F2A is current for September 2013. You can check by middle of September if F2A is still current for October 2013. If it is not current in October, you should make sure his I-485 application will be received by USCIS before end of September.
    The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu
    The Law Offices of Kristy Qiu | Mengjun Qiu
    The status is current right now, which means that there are visas available. The availability, however, changes every couple of months. If you can put the petition in now, do it.
    Law Office of Rebecca White
    Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
    If you file the I-130 before the end of September and he is in the US an application for adjustment of status (and temporary employment authorization) can be made at the same time. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.