I am a divorced US citizen, can I bring my new alien wife to the US? 4 Answers as of May 12, 2015

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Penn Law
Penn Law | Gigi Penn
You've presented conflicting information but if you are currently and legally married to an alien, yes, you can petition for her to come to the US. Visit the USCIS website for information about form I-130 or consult an immigration attorney to assist you.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 5/12/2015
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
Generally, a foreign national located abroad who has married a U.S. citizen may complete "consular processing" to enter the U.S. and then complete the "adjustment of status" application process to become a Lawful Permanent Resident (to get a "Green Card"). Where one of the spouses previously had been married, the supporting documentary evidence will need to include a copy of the divorce decree. There are other requirements for eligibility too, and it would be wise for you and your wife to engage an immigration attorney to represent both of you in attaining your immigration-related goals. Some immigration law firms, including mine, offer legal services on a "flat fee" basis so that a client will know the total expense from the very beginning, and a few immigration law firms, including mine, offer an initial consultation free of charge.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/12/2015
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
You can apply for your new wife as long as your divorce is finalized!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/12/2015
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
Yes you can. You will need to petition for her here in the U.S.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 5/12/2015
Click to View More Answers: