I am a creditor, how do I file a claim against a decedent's estate? 6 Answers as of January 22, 2015

I received a notice of hearing document, regarding decedent's estate. I am listed among the creditors. How can I file a claim?

I do not know which state you are in. Normally, if you are listed as a creditor that means a claim does not have to be filed. Call the attorney involved who is handling the estate, check that they have all the needed information and whether you have to file anything, ask under which state code section the matter of filing is stated, and look up that code section to see that you are okay. If you are unsure, go to your local court or law school library [if the latter will let you use their law books] and find a general book on probate and see what is required in your state.
LAW OFFICE OF ROBERT I LONG
LAW OFFICE OF ROBERT I LONG | Robert I. Long
In California probate cases there is a form called Creditor Claim. It should be available from the clerk of the court. With a little effort, you may be able to locate one on-line. They are published by the Ca Judicial Council.
You can get a claim form by going on-line to the Court web-site. Fill it out, file the original and mail a copy to the atty handling the estate.
Go on internet and look for California judicial form creditor claim and complete. Creditor claims are not as easy as they look; you may want to consult an attorney that specializes in the representation of creditor representation re creditor claims.
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
Go on the court website under probate forms and print and complete the form called Creditor's Claim.