I am being sued for an auto accident but I only had liability coverage, what should I do? 2 Answers as of April 20, 2015

A vehicle was in front of me approaching the light, as the light turned yellow he accelerated as if he was going to keep moving forward and just stops in an instant while the light was still yellow. I applied my breaks but there was not enough room between me and the other vehicle. I hit him in the rear bumper, no damage appeared on his vehicle and minor damage occurred to my vehicle. There where two passengers in the back seat of his vehicle and show no sign of bodily injury, even after the police was on the scene no ambulance was called as they asked Both parties are there any injuries. Now years later I am being sued by the two passengers that was in the other vehicle and I don't know what I should do.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
You should put your insurance broker/insurance company on notice immediately for having been served with a summons and complaint. If you do not know which company insured you or what the policy no. is, call the lawyer for the plaintiffs and ask him. He will tell you and provide you with the information. Your insurance company will hire an attorney to represent you; make sure you obtain a receipt from your company that they have received your report (name and designation of agent you speak to). Do not sweat it; if you had insurance you are covered.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/20/2015
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
Turn this over to your insurance company. You are covered.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/17/2015
Click to View More Answers: