I am being falsely accused of a hit and run, what do I do? Posted on July 28, 2011

I went to Walmart after work and I was waiting to turn and I was blocking the oncoming traffic in the parking lot so I started reversing the car to correct myself and I saw a guy on a bike behind me so I stopped, apparently he got a bit jolted and crashed his bike up onto the curb and fell off his bike. I know I didn't hit him cause I stopped as soon as I saw him so I didn't think anything of it. I didn't get down to help because I would be blocking traffic even more, so I kept on driving. I guess he took my license plate number down and some insurance investigator (State Farms) from Gilbert, AZ (I'm from Tucson) left a note at my house today saying "I need to talk to you regarding a hit and run accident incident investigation." I was confused because I feel as though the cops should have contacted first instead of an insurance agent considering that the is claiming it was a hit & run. I'm unsure of what to do.