I am being charged with a 2nd degree felony, after some glass with meth residue, another person is admitting ownership 2 Answers as of April 18, 2011

I am being charged with a 2nd degree felony, after some glass with meth residue was found. Another person is admitting ownership. Will prosecutors accept his statement and believe me of the charges since he is saying that the evidence that was recovered belonged to him? Or will his statement be ignored?

Arnold & Wadsworth
Arnold & Wadsworth | Brian Arnold
The statement needs to be used in your defense. A 2nd Degree felony charge is a very serious charge and you need representation. We offer free consultations, feel free to call.
Crippen & Cline, LC
Crippen & Cline, LC | Stephen Howard
A prosecutor may ignore his statement. You may both get charged. Or it is possible that his statement will get you off.

Since this is a second degree felony (with a possible sentence of upt to 15 years in prison), I wouldn't just trust this to luck. Your chances are certainly improved if someone else is willing to take responsiblity for the charges. But presenting that information at the right time and in the right way can sometimes be tricky.

Without seeing the police reports, it is difficult to tell you the best way to approach the situation. I would strongly recommend talking directly to an attorney. Many local lawyers (myself included) offer free initial consulations on criminal defense matters.