I am being accused of being the guilty party in an accident what can I legally do? 1 Answers as of April 14, 2011

I was making a turn and he t-boned me. He says that it is my fault but he hit me in northbound traffic while he was going south. Can I defend myself legally? I had to go to the hospital.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Kelly A. Broadbent, Esq.
Kelly A. Broadbent, Esq. | Kelly Broadbent
In Massachusetts, it is possible to contest liability for an accident.

1. Your insurance company will determine liability for the accident. If you are found at fault, you have the option of appealing the finding. A hearing will be scheduled in front of the board of appeals if you elect to appeal. Your insurance should send you an appeal form with the determination of liability.

2. If you were cited by a police officer for a driving infraction, you have 20 days to appeal the citation. If you choose to appeal, a hearing is scheduled at the local district court.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 4/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: