I am at the end of my chapter 13 payment plan, what do I need to do to close the case? 11 Answers as of October 21, 2013

I did not have an attorney on the case. I have received the final accounting from the Trustee, the withholding order has been terminated and I don’t know what to do next.

You need a declaration from the trustee that all has been paid and then you file a proposed order granting discharge with the court for signature.
If you have satisfied your plan payments you must have completed your 2nd counseling class and filed that certificate with the courts and file a domestic support obligations form.
Law Office of David T Egli | David T. Egli
This can vary depending on the district, division and the judge for your matter. In some case, even the terms of your chapter 13 can affect what you need to do (did you have a second lien stripped from your residence?). In all the districts you must have completed the post-petition instructional course concerning personal financial management and made the appropriate filing for notifying the court that this has been done. To get a discharge in the Central District of California, you must also complete and file the "DEBTOR'S CERTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE UNDER 11 U.S.C. 1328(a) AND APPLICATION FOR ENTRY OF DISCHARGE" form, which form sets forth a number of conditions on obtaining a discharge. Congratulations. Not many get to the end of a Chapter 13 case even with an attorney. However, please consider consulting with an attorney experienced with the court in which you filed your case to make sure that you meet all the requirements to get your discharge After all the time you've been in bankruptcy and the payments you've made, you do not want to have your discharge unnecessarily delayed or even denied, or incur additional costs because you didn't timely do what was required to receive it.
Idaho Bankruptcy Law | Paul Ross
Make sure you have completed your credit counseling and filed the B23 with the Court. Also, make sure you complete the statement regarding domestic support and file that B283 with the Court. That is usually all that is required of Debtors at the end of their Chapter 13 plans.
Mark S Cherry, Attorney at Law, PC
Mark S Cherry, Attorney at Law, PC | Mark Cherry
The Court should close the case and send you a discharge order. Contact the Trustee to ask when that will be arriving.
    Charles R. Chesnutt, P.C.
    Charles R. Chesnutt, P.C. | Charles R. Chesnutt
    The trustee should do it for you. But call his office and check on the status of your discharge.
    Law Offices of Peter De Bruyn
    Law Offices of Peter De Bruyn | Peter De Bruyn
    You don't have to do anything. The court and the chapter 13 trustee will follow through and you will receive notice by mail.
    Stuart P Gelberg
    Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
    File a DSO affidavit and a Financial Management Certificate?
    The Law Offices of Deborah Ann Stencel | Deborah A. Stencel
    Check your Trustee's website to see if the forms you need are there. Otherwise, you may need to hire an attorney.
    Have you filed your financial management class and certificate of completion? If so, then all you need to do is wait for your discharge.
    In my district you have to file a declaration re the completion of the payments. Every court has "local rules." Look them up on your court web site and the instructions should be there.