How would I prevent getting used for permanent residence? 6 Answers as of December 10, 2015

My wife left to stay with her uncle in September and doesn't have intention of returning. I saw that in that state. There is a 6 month residency requirement for divorce so maybe that's what she is waiting for. However, she is here on a conditional green card. I’m a US citizen and I sponsored her to come here from India.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John Russo | John Russo
File for divorce in your jurisdiction.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 12/10/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
I do not perceive a specific question here. Do you want to take revenge on her for 'using' you to get a green card? If you cared for her enough to Mary her, you might want to let go of your negative feelings and leave the matter to the Immigration authorities, who are skilled at detecting fraud. Or you could notify the authorities now. Consult a lawyer well-versed on both family and immigration law( it's almost always a worthwhile investment).
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 12/10/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
See both a divorce and an immigration attorney. They are two different issues somewhat intertwined.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 12/10/2015
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
She still will be able to get her permanent green card, even if she divorces you.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 12/9/2015
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
You can file for a divorce in the State in which you reside and in which you lived together.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 12/9/2015
Click to View More Answers: