How would I know I qualify for chapter 7 bankruptcy? 8 Answers as of September 16, 2015

How do I know I qualify for chapter 7 bankruptcy?

Eranthe Law Firm
Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
Go see a knowledgeable local bankruptcy attorney for assistance. They can help you figure out if you qualify and also if it's appropriate under your circumstances.
Talk to an attorney about your debts.
Fifth Grade Math ? what is the ratio of your total unsecured debt to your annual income? How much money do you have left in your budget after paying for necessary living expenses? If you paid everything left over in your budget that amount for the next five years, would you have paid more than 25% of your unsecured debt? If so, then you would not pass the GOOD FAITH test and would not be qualified to file Chapter 7. Fifth Grad Math is not easy, is it?
Freeman Law Group, LLC
Freeman Law Group, LLC | Derek Freeman
You speak with an attorney. There are many factors involved, and you really should get expert advice on it before you decide on a course of action. Most attorneys who specialize in bankruptcy will offer a free consultation, so there's really nothing to lose by speaking with one.
Normally, that is determined by taking all of your facts and circumstances to a bankruptcy practitioner who will be able, with them, to form an opinion as to whether or not you qualify for a chapter 7, or a chapter 13 bankruptcy and whether either would be in your best interest.
    Well the best way is consult with a bankruptcy lawyer. Bring in 6 months of pay stubs when you come to the office. Try looking at nacba.org for a lawyer.
    Whether you "qualify" for a chapter 7 bankruptcy depends mostly on your monthly gross income and monthly debts. There are complex formulas that will determine your eligibility for Chapter 7 relief. I suggest you contact a local bankruptcy attorney for assistance. The attorney cost far outweighs the possibility of your making a mistake that cannot be undone and which could lead to serious legal consequences.
    Law Office of Michael Johnson
    Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
    You should consult with a local bankruptcy attorney in your area. Most of us do allow for free consults to discuss if you qualify.