How would I be able to collect on a bounced check? 10 Answers as of May 07, 2015

I have a client that bounced a 6800.00 COD check to us and I am unable to collect. I am wondering what options I have to go after them for our funds.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Do they have the money? If there is no money, you will never be able to collect. If there is money, then you can file a myriad of court documents to recover the money.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/7/2015
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
If they are in the US file a police report .. passing a bad check of that size is a felony.. If they are not local its a bit tougher.. contact an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 5/7/2015
S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
A person who writes a bad check knowing that there are insufficient funds in their account can also prosecuted for a criminal offense. Often, the courts will make payment of the money owed part of any fine that might be imposed. If the party does not make good the check within 30 days, you might wish to speak with the local magistrate and police about filing a criminal complaint.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 5/7/2015
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
Sue them and get a judgment to enforce with a wage garnishment or lien on house.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/7/2015
Stephens Gourley & Bywater | David A. Stephens
Sue the client.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 5/7/2015
Click to View More Answers: