How would I be able to collect on a bounced check? 10 Answers as of May 07, 2015

I have a client that bounced a 6800.00 COD check to us and I am unable to collect. I am wondering what options I have to go after them for our funds.

Do they have the money? If there is no money, you will never be able to collect. If there is money, then you can file a myriad of court documents to recover the money.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
If they are in the US file a police report .. passing a bad check of that size is a felony.. If they are not local its a bit tougher.. contact an attorney.
S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
A person who writes a bad check knowing that there are insufficient funds in their account can also prosecuted for a criminal offense. Often, the courts will make payment of the money owed part of any fine that might be imposed. If the party does not make good the check within 30 days, you might wish to speak with the local magistrate and police about filing a criminal complaint.
Sue them and get a judgment to enforce with a wage garnishment or lien on house.
Sue the client.