How would a court handle a no-show for a court date concerning a misdemeanor? 1 Answers as of January 11, 2016

About 5 years ago, on my learner's permit (15 years old), I was pulled over for a minor traffic offense (which I got waived via letter to the judge) and ended up with a letter about a misdemeanor for driving with the expired tags of my parent's vehicle. I was not permitted to get to NY for my court date, and my permit and residence were in MD. As I didn't show up for my court date, what repercussions will this have now? My MD driving record says I am eligible to get a license? Should I look into getting it expunged? Was I convicted at all, and how would I find out?

Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
You may have a bench warrant for your arrest. I suggest that you hire a good criminal defense lawyer to deal with this.