How will you go about delaying the availability of a secret data in judicial litigation? 5 Answers as of April 01, 2014

Generally speaking, how in judicial litigation can one delay as late as possible the moment when the secret data of a company will have to be made available to the authorities? Thank you very much.

That depends on the case and a host of other factors. I can't answer this.
If the data is a trade secret - such as a secret process, a client list or the recipe for a signature dish - you can ask the court to seal the record. ?That makes the data available only to the judge and the parties to the litigation. The other method is to ask the judge not to allow discovery on the secret data. For example, if your secret data is your client list and you're being sued for injuries resulting from an auto accident - then your secret data is irrelevant to the action and the judge will rule that the other party may not take discovery of that data. If the data is already in the court records, these records are open to the public and they can be picked up quickly.
EDWARD P RUSSELL | EDWARD P RUSSELL
I do not do litigation work so I will defer this question to someone who does that kind of work.
Rosenberg & Press
Rosenberg & Press | Max L. Rosenberg
You are in the wrong category. This is not a bankruptcy question. You desperately need adequate and experienced counsel for a trade secrets litigation issue. Based off of your wording and the way in which you asked the question I can imagine that you have not consulted with an attorney yet.
Gets continuance from the other side or try to get a protective order. Do not try to destroy the evidence or you will be in a great deal of trouble.