How will petty theft charge affect me in actually getting a job ? 3 Answers as of February 27, 2013

I was recently charged for petty theft. I am waiting for my process date which is in a month, I want to apply for a job online and I was wondering if when asked I should admit that I am in the process of a hearing or i's not processed yet ?

If you have not been convicted you do not yet have to report it. If this case is still pending I would hire an experience criminal law specialist to attempt to negotiate a disposition other than theft. Such a conviction can adversely affect your future.
Any criminal conviction will affect future employment. A theft conviction will prevent you from some employment categories, like banks. You haven't been convicted yet, so you don't have to say so. Make sure you aren't.
Rizio & Nelson
Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
If you have not yet been convicted of the charge, then you can honestly state that you have no criminal convictions on your record. You should read the question on the application very carefully, though. If you're asked whether or not you have any open / pending cases, then the answer would be "yes" (because you do have an open case that is not yet resolved).