How will my child support determined now that I have custody of my two younger children since I still have another one? 4 Answers as of May 20, 2013

I was paying child support for four children. Now I share custody with my oldest. I have one that will be turning 19 in July.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of John S. Keating
Law Offices of John S. Keating | John S. Keating
It sounds like you are paying child support for a child (or children) who were not living with you when the child support order was entered, but are living with you now. Also, your child who is almost 19 could be "emancipated", depending on various factors, such as whether he/she is in college, or is still living with one of the parents and is still financially dependent on that parent. If so, then the other parent may no longer be eligible to receive child support from you for this child. I would need to know more about the particulars of your situation, but it appears that you would be eligible for a modification of child support. If so, you would need to file a "complaint for modification", in the appropriate probate and family court, asking the court to reduce your child support obligation. If you have any questions about the above, or decide to retain counsel, please feel free to contact me.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 5/20/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
You will pay less for the one you share and your obligation for the oldest should terminate.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 5/20/2013
Kunin &Carman | Ishi Kunin
Sorry but can't tell custody from your question. Do you have primary of 2 kids and joint physical of 1? Same parents? The percentage for 3 kids is 29%. The best way to figure is to each take 29% of gross monthly and divide that by 3: that becomes your per child amount. If custody is as I wrote above, other parent owes you per child rate x 2 for kids you have primary. You subtract your per child amounts and the one who makes more pays the other that difference for the joint child.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 5/20/2013
Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
Unless the order of the court changed, you are still required to follow the order until the order is modified.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/20/2013
Click to View More Answers: