How will I fix a wrong APN on the deed? 7 Answers as of August 26, 2014

After recording the Grand Deed (transferring the title from my husband and myself as joint tenant to our living trust), I found out that the Assessors Parcel Number (APN) is wrong on the recorded Deed (after comparing to our property tax bill). The legal description of our property address is correct on the recorded Deed. Do I need to do anything to correct this APN error? How critical is this error? Thanks in advance for your help.

Prepare and record an amended deed, showing on its face the purpose of the amended document.
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
It is unclear where it is wrong based on your description. If the assessor has it wrong, call them and ask them to correct it. If the deed is wrong, you can file a correction deed with the correct APN.
Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
You can file a corrected deed should it prove necessary. However, before doing that you should consult your local recorder and assessor's office to see if they feel the correction to be necessary.
You can file an amended Grant Deed with the correct APN.
Prepare and record an amended deed showing the correct APN. However, you may want to check with the county recorder as to how to proceed first.