How will he be sentenced for selling drugs to an undercover cop? 2 Answers as of July 08, 2013

My bf age 18 was making a drug sell dealing with weed. He had smoked with him before the 1st time and the 2nd time they caught him and set him up. I was with him but he hopped out of my car and he was in his car. The police were already there and they hand cuffed him and took him in for questioning. So really it wasn’t an arrest, he was in there for an hour. The detective told him he has to set a person up in Texas because that was where he was at if the person he sets up doesn’t come through, the detective extended the date till a month in half and we are in July. It happened July 5 and this month is almost over. And if he don’t have anything or if he at least tried they said he going to jail. But the day he did it he they let him go. So what will happen and how long will he be sentenced?

Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
There is not enough information to answer this question. It depends on how many times your boyfriend sold marijuana, how much was involved, what the officers decide to charge him with, etc. However, he is looking a prison - not jail - time.
The Lee Law Firm
The Lee Law Firm | Kenneth Parks Gober
Sounds like shady police work, your boyfriend needs to call a Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer as soon as possible.