How will 4 counts of uttering and publishing turn out? 1 Answers as of September 14, 2016

I am 19 a first time offender. I am going to college full time, have 3 jobs, one of which is owning my own business, another is babysitting 3 children and the last is working for an auto parts company. I also am in a life recovery program through the church and another men's group in the church. The checks were cashed within a span of 4 months and were $100, $250, $500 and $2000. The checks were given to me by my really wealthy neighbor. The same guy who filed the complaint against me. He gave me a bag one night and It was filled with jewelry, money, cocaine (a kilo), a phone, checks, and a passport. He told me that people were breaking into his house and to hold his valuables. But I took 4 checks and cashed them. Then he made a complaint, which I eventually confessed to an officer. The thing I don't get is they are spending so much time trying to hit me hard with this, and not dig into any of the stuff about cocaine and him. Especially since the police department in which I live in know he is crazy and has been called to his house at least 10 times.

Hire a local defense attorney ASAP. This is serious stuff.