How soon can someone get married after a divorce if there are no children involved? 15 Answers as of April 22, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Rosaline L Zukerman APC | Rosaline L. Zukerman
The next day once you have the Entry of Judgment.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/22/2013
Law Offices of Jayson A. Soobitsky, P.A. | Jayson A. Soobitsky
In Maryland the Judgment of Absolute Divorce is "final" thirty (30) days after entry by the Clerk of the Court. You can get remarried once the the Judgement/Order is final.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 4/18/2013
Law Office of John G. Galasso | John George Galasso
Literally as soon as the ink is dry on the decree.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 4/18/2013
You can remarry once the Notice of Entry of Judgment has been done. Until that document has been filed in the case, the divorce is not final.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/18/2013
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
Once you have a document entitled "Notice of Entry of Judgment" that has been filed with the court, you are allowed to re-marry.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/18/2013
    Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
    You are eligible to remarry regardless of your parental status as soon as the dissolution is final. Double check the date on the Notice of Entry of Judgment form [FL-190]. After the date listed there, you are single and can remarry.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 4/18/2013
    Peters Law, PLLC
    Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
    As soon as the decree is signed.
    Answer Applies to: Idaho
    Replied: 4/18/2013
    Once a person has a decree of divorce that has a judge's signature and a time and date stamp from the court, a person can get married. Do it the next day so there is no argument that the marriage occurred before the divorce decree was filed.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada
    Replied: 4/18/2013
    The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier
    The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier | Seth D. Schraier
    Once your divorce judgment has been granted, and you obtain a certified copy from the court, then you can immediately apply for a marriage license to be remarried without having to wait any specific amount of time.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 4/18/2013
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    You can marry as soon as the divorce judgment has been entered, that means signed by the judge and entered into the court record.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 4/17/2013
    Danville Law Group | Scott Jordan
    Once the divorce judgment is signed by the judge, you can get remarried.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 4/17/2013
Click to View More Answers:
12 3 Free Legal QuestionsConnect with a local attorney