How soon can I petition for my mom to get her legal residency? 1 Answers as of April 08, 2011

I want to file for legal residency for my mother who lives in the US illegally for about 10 years now. How soon can I begin the process and how long would it take on average? Would she be approved?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
You should have your mother's case fully analyzed to make sure that she is eligible for the green card. If you are a US citizen over 21, then you are allowed to sponsor your mother. However if she entered the US illegally, this may bar her from getting a card in the US, unless she qualifies under a law called 245(i). Also if she was ever arrested, has not paid taxes or has an overstay, these can present issues. To analyze approval, you need to make an appointment with a competent immigration attorney and bring your mother so she can answer all the relevant questions. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: