How should I list my daughter for chapter 13 bankruptcy? 4 Answers as of November 01, 2010

My 19 year old daughter lives with me and works, she just dropped out of college. I have filed Chapter13. Is her income considered disposable income and can I claim her as a dependent?

Whether you can claim her as a dependent is a matter of tax law and you would need to discuss that with your CPA or a tax attorney.

Her income is not part of your income except to the extent that she contributes to the household expenses.
The Orantes Law Firm
The Orantes Law Firm | Giovanni Orantes
Does she take care of herself? Does she pay rent? If she does, then you may not be able to take her as a dependent for purposes of a bankruptcy filing. If she does not take care of herself or pay rent, then you may be able to claim her as an additional member of your household (though you would have to include her income or, as some do, at least the portion she contributes to the household).
Her income is not your income. You can list her as a defendant but the trustee can object.
The Shakoori Law Group
The Shakoori Law Group | Rachelle Shakoori
If your daughter is contributing money to your household, you can add her income to your income for disposable income. If she lives with you, she can be counted as a member of your household.